Infants and Toddlers
Infant Massage Class for Parents
2023 3-Week Sessions
Come learn how to massage your baby to strengthen your bond and improve his or her sleep and digestion. This 3-week hybrid class is designed especially for parents of young infants, including those who were born prematurely and/or who have medical issues or special needs. Each week parents will learn how to massage different parts of their baby and how to adapt those strokes to meet their infant’s individual needs. This class has a slower pace to support the babies’ immature nervous systems. Parents will also have an opportunity to meet other parents with similar parenting challenges and exchange ideas. Parents are encouraged to ask questions regarding feeding and motor skill development from our developmental expert. The class is open to infants ages 6 weeks to 12 months and their caregivers. This class is open to babies of ALL abilities!
There are many benefits of massage for both parents and babies.
- Have reduced colic, gas & congestion
- Be calmer & sleep better
- Show improved motor skill development
- Develop strong attachments with their parents
- Improve their ability to read their baby’s cues
- Communicate more effectively with their baby
- Develop confidence in their parenting skills
- Reduce their stress
- Improve their own sense of well-being
INSTRUCTOR: Robin Hoffman, OTR/L, CIMI
DATES & TIMES: Wednesdays, 12:30-1:30pm
- February Session: February 1st, 8th & 15th, 2023
- March Session: March 8th, 15th & 22nd, 2023
- April Session: April 5th, 12th & 19th, 2023
- May Session: May 10th, 17th & 24th, 2023
- June Session: June 7th, 14th & 21st, 2023
LOCATION: Attend in-person OR virtually via Zoom.
COURSE FEE and MORE INFORMATION:
Cost: $75 per family, all materials included. Grant money may be available to cover the cost of registration for families with preemies.
Registration will close by the end of the workday the day before the first class in each session.
If you have any questions, please contact Amaryllis Therapy Network by phone at 303.433.0852 or by email at email@example.com